Microbiology Undergraduate Program
Interested in the study of small things that have a big impact? Interested in pre-health but not sure what field you want to pursue? Then Microbiology may be the place for you, an employable major with many career options. Iowa State University offers
- Extensive hands-on lab experiences that develop problem solving & technical skills used in a variety of professional careers.
- Application of science to issues in the modern world
- Excellent preparation for human medicine and veterinary medicine
- Preparation for employment in a variety of professional settings
- Involvement of professors from across Iowa State University in the Interdepartmental Microbiology Programs
- Degrees in microbiology at both the undergraduate (B.S.) level and graduate (M.S., PhD.) level.
Our mission in the Undergraduate Microbiology Program is to instill a comprehensive understanding of microbiology and its relevance to human society and global health, and to cultivate the concepts and skills necessary to succeed in microbiology-related careers. Read more about