Interested in the study of small things? Then Microbiology may be the place for you. Iowa State University offers
- Coursework in basic sciences essential to microbiology
- Application of science to issues in the modern world
- Excellent preparation for further study in human medicine and veterinary medicine
- Preparation for employment in a variety of professional settings
- Involvement of professors from across Iowa State University in the Interdepartmental Microbiology Programs
- Degrees in microbiology at both the undergraduate (B.S.) level and graduate (M.S., PhD.) level.
Our mission in the Undergraduate Microbiology Program is to instill a comprehensive understanding of microbiology and its relevance to human society and global health, and to cultivate the concepts and skills necessary to succeed in microbiology-related careers. Read more about